Thank you for visiting Skinsei Skincare. Skinsei is part of Unilever. Unilever takes privacy seriously. The following five principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- You are entitled to clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and whom you should contact if you have any concerns.
- If you have any concerns about how we use your personal information, we will work with you to promptly resolve those concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure. 5. We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
- third party companies (including, without limitation, their websites, platforms and/or applications) which we do not own or control; or
The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- email address
- user name
- telephone number
- credit card or other payment information
- age • date of birth
- gender • user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to Unilever Sites
The types of information we may collect automatically include (collectively, “Site Usage Information”):
- information about the type of browser you use
- details of the web pages you have viewed
- your IP address
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+)
- the websites you visited before arriving at a Unilever Site Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you use different browsers, or use multiple devices, any changes will need to be made for each browser. If you disable the cookies this may impact your experience on Unilever Sites Information we collect from other sources We may receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your:
- street address
- your shopping habits
- preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests
- publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law Online advertising We may share Site Usage Information (as discussed above) with trusted third parties (e.g., advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) in order to offer you tailored content, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, clear gifs and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit Unilever Sites or third party sites. In the United States, we have adopted the use of the Advertising Options Icon which may appear on the Unilever Sites and certain targeted advertisements that we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) send to you based on your Site Usage Information. You may click on this icon to receive more information about the collection and use of your information or to opt-out of such collection in the future. Please note that even if you opt out, you may still receive advertisements from Unilever that are not customized based on your Site Usage Information. You may also use the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/) and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out Tool (http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/) each of which provides a list of those third parties that may send you targeted advertising based on your internet browsing activities and for which you can opt-out of their use of your information for that purpose. How do we use your personal information? We may use your personal information to improve our products and your experience on the Unilever Sites.
We may use your personal information to:
- evaluate the use of the Unilever Sites, products and services
- analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
- personalize your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
- make the Unilever Sites easier to use and to better tailor the Unilever Sites and our products to your interests and needs
- help speed up your future activities and experience on the Unilever Sites. For example, a site can recognize that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time
- collect information about the device you are using to view the Unilever Site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that the Unilever Sites present the best web experience for you We may use your personal information to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
We use your personal information to: • suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
- offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out. We may use your personal information to provide you with products or services that you request from us. We may use your personal information:
- for the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered
- to send you information, products or samples that you have requested
- to respond to your queries or comments Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
Text Marketing and notifications:
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed [INSERT A NUMBER] a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply. For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
Who do we share your personal information with? As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside of the Unilever Group. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties. We may share your personal information with:
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions
- third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered • law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information
- third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us consent to do so
- third party providers of services, such as data processing, to Unilever
- web analytics tool providers, such as Google or Unica We may also share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of the Unilever Group if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
We may share your personal information to:
- conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws
- detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities
Safeguarding your personal information
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us • would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
We are updating the recommendated products. We hope you enjoy the new look but need you to update your diagnostic so you can get the latest and greatest product recommendations.
Thank you for your patience